Hi, I’m Shelly, aka, Dr. Brown. Thank you for visiting this blog.
I am a metaphysician. A metaphysician is someone who studies the nature of reality. We are interested in understanding the fundamental nature of existence and the relationship between mind and matter. We believe that all things are connected, and that by understanding these connections we can create a more harmonious world. Join us on our journey to enlightenment!
I have no religious affiliation only spiritual reverence. I respect all spiritual beliefs and the choice to personalize it for ourselves. You cannot put God/Spirit in a box, nor can you define him or her for others.
I am particularly focused on comparative religion, spiritual hypnotherapy, Spiritual and Theocentric Psychology, ancient divination, and energy healing.
I experience “mind-blown” every day of my life and that is what I live for… The world is full of fascinating knowledge!
If you have an insight to share, wisdom to impart, a meeting of the mind… I am pleased to meet you. If you disagree with what I believe, okay… so? *tongue in cheek but really* My beliefs are my own and I work hard every day of my life to establish them and feel good about them. In fact, I hope to encourage every reader to evaluate their beliefs for personal validation.
I am a Cancer Sun, Virgo Rising with an Aquarius Moon. I love astrology.
My Metaphysical Resume:
- I have a Ph.D. in Philosophy, a Masters in Metaphysical Science and a bachelor’s degree is in Business Management.
- I am a Certified Metaphysician, Reiki Master, Advanced Hypnotherapist, NLP Practitioner, and Spiritual Life Coach.
- I am an ordained minister with the International Metaphysical Ministry.
- I have more than 35 years of experience exploring metaphysics as my greatest passion.
- I am fascinated by ancient spirituality, the derivation of words, and the spiritual traditions of our ancestors that have been lost to time.
- I am very respectful of everyone’s journey, be it the same as mine or completely different.
- I have a million questions about the unknown and don’t easily accept explanations unless it computes and contains an element of reason that I can personally accept. Please don’t be offended if I believe differently than you.
- I love to learn new things and research anything I don’t fully understand obsessively. I take classes, workshops, and read books constantly. (Research should be my middle name)
- I am grateful – for everything I experience – including you, for visiting my blog.
- I have experienced a colorful life journey that has resulted in learned wisdom, compassion, and empathy. If you played a role in my learning, I both apologize and thank you. I cannot say I made mistakes because those difficulties taught me the things I value today.
Welcome to my corner of the world, I’m pleased to meet you!